Monday, May 28, 2012

THOSE MOMENTS THAT COUNT.

They say, "out of sight, out of mind," but I beg to differ. Perhaps, let me be the first to rephrase such statement, "out of sight, constantly in mind." We tend to take the people, the thing, the environment that we see everyday for granted because we think they will always be there, forever. As I've advanced in age, I've come to the realization that those whom we barely see, due to circumstances beyond our control, are usually the ones who mean more than the world to us. Therefore, it is highly imperative to cherish every second with those who mean more than the world to you because those are the moments that count. Moments that count could very much be that weekend or week-long visits across the world to spend time with that special person who keeps you going when everyone else around you lose faith in you, or an international student studying thousands of miles away from home and every time a friend's parents and siblings come around, you just want to call your family for the fun of it, or a mother who misses her children because they are all grown up and barely are around the house, etc. We can all think of a time in our lives when we had a limited time to make something count because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Unfortunately, we tend to get accustomed to that special person, after spending a little more time with them; all those sad days and nights spent wishing they were there, all those jokes you've always wanted to share with them because only them understand your jokes, those events whereby you dress really fancy and wishing you were dressing up and attending fancy occasions with them, etc, all those moments fade away. I have learned to cherish every single moment with those who mean much more than the world to me because tomorrow is not promised to anyone. In that case, i will love you as though I was dying today, I will laugh with you because all that matters to me is your genuine happiness, I will cry with you because whatever affects you also affects me, I will rejoice and celebrate with you because your success is also mine, I will always be on your side, even when the world is against you, I will cherish those moments that count.

When all has been said and done, I can boldly proclaim that I came, I lived, I learned and I loved without reservations - Life is worth living, so therefore let us all sit back and learn to cherish those moments that count.

Swag, Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment